Implementing a resilient and secure infrastructure is critically important to the safety of your organization, your employees, and your customers – which is why security is the number one focus of 45 percent of organizations around the country. Emailing and browsing the internet are the highest concerns for network attacks by organization IT teams.  Unfortunately, we live and work during a time when cybercrimes are increasing. Attacks against business networks are becoming more sophisticated, and many businesses are vulnerable to security attacks even though they are taking their security needs seriously.
Security Technology Deployed
You’re likely aware of the security concerns your business is up against. And you have probably taken basic security steps: more than 93 percent of businesses have a firewall installed at the network edge and nearly 90 percent have antivirus software in place. But, 30 to 40 percent of organizations have just basic security protections, leaving them open to intrusions and malicious attacks if their firewall was breached or the anti-virus software fails. 
Advanced Security Needs
To protect yourself in the event of a firewall breach or anti-virus software failure, you should consider implementing advanced security solutions, including:
- Network Access Control – restricts network resources to endpoint devices that meet your security policies.
- DNS Filtering Software – controls employee internet access by preventing access to websites that could compromise the security of your network due to malware or those hiding identities behind a proxy server.
- URL Filtering – prevents employees from viewing inappropriate content or websites, prevents access to known malware hosts, and can reduce use of bandwidth-intensive files such as streaming media to improve performance of business applications over the network.
- Intrusion Prevention System – monitors network traffic to take action on anything deemed to be a problem while still allowing legitimate traffic to travel the network without delays.
- Intrusion Detection System – monitors the network to find malicious activities or violations that are then reported to an IT administrator for action.
- Firewall Installed Internally Between Departments – prevents unauthorized employees from accessing parts of the network that may require different levels of security.
You can meet many of the growing needs for advanced security by installing a next-generation firewall in place of your traditional firewall. Next-generation firewalls “understand” the Web application traffic that passes through it; they can block traffic that might cause vulnerabilities while still allowing “safe” traffic to reach its desired destination. Next-generation firewalls combine the capabilities of the traditional firewall with intrusion prevention, SSL and SSH inspection, deep-packet inspection, malware detection, and application awareness.
Fidelus Technologies, based out of New York City is a Professional and Managed Information Technology Services company focused on customer success and business efficiency . Our services provide seamless networking, data center, wireless, security and unified communications expertise for medium and enterprise sized businesses. We have a consultative life cycle approach that includes requirements gathering, assessments, solution design, planning, project management, engineering, adoption and evolution (training) services to fully support the IT needs of your organization.
If you’re looking for more information on how Fidelus can help with your organizations network security strategy please contact us here. To access our in-depth analysis on how IT teams across the country are using IT services and products withing their organization click below.